Thursday, September 30, 2010

What Are Others Saying?

Since starting this blog a few days ago, I'm finding out that a lot of others are also interested in learning how to spend wisely and get the most for their money.  I've had several of my readers email me and recommend some blogs and websites to check out.  I've yet to visit them all, but thought I would share them with you.  If you visit their site, please let them know you found them here...and don't forget to let me know whatcha think! ;)

The following blogs have money saving ideas, giveaways, coupons, and other good stuff!

Money Saving Mom 

Hip2Save

The Krazy Coupon Lady

America's Cheapest Family

How to Save Time and Money at the Supermarket-With Rachael Ray

FabuLESSly Frugal

Now...I've clipped my coupons and they are still in a pile....just sitting there staring at me.  MUST GET THEM PUT IN BINDER.

Yesterday I quickly ran into HEB grocery store and picked up a few good deals.  Have you ever tried their in store coupons?  I bought hamburgers and hot dogs and got these items FREE:  chips, mustard, 2 liter drink, hot dog buns, hamburger buns, and chip clips!  (Thanks for tip, Mom!)

I also went in to get a roast that was on sale but they were out, so I got a rain check.  DO THIS!  If they don't offer, ASK!  Now I can go back even after the sale is over and get the roast at sale price (within 14 days).

I'm hoping to check the sale papers tomorrow and make my shopping list with corresponding coupons.

Wish me luck! :)

What good deals are YOU finding this week?

1 comment:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Shelly -

Thanks for visiting my blog.

You've mentioned some of my favorite frugal sites in your post.

I've encountered situations where sale items were gone. I requested a raincheck at Rite Aid the other day for two boxes of Kashi Go-Lean cereal. They were happy to oblige.

Blessings,
Susan :)