Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Becoming Frugal

In my pursuit of all things frugal and becoming a better steward over what God places in my hands, I have done a couple of things already.
  • Gave myself a pedicure....for free.  (saved $30)
  • Colored my own hair.  (saved $80)
  • Minimized my home phone bill.  (saved $45)
  • Traded Directv for Netflix.  $8.99/month instead of $89.99/month
  • Started clipping coupons and comparison shopping.  (I haven't actually used my coupons yet, but I will)
Now, don't get me wrong.  I LOVE a good pedicure. I may reward myself occasionally.

And my hair, ....we'll see.

A couple of friends are trying to get me to make my own laundry detergent.  I'm considering.  But oh, how I love the smell of Gain.  Maybe I'm a laundry detergent snob.

I will leave you tonight with a few inexpensive meal ideas........

15 Cheap Dinner Recipes

What have you done lately to cut costs or make your money go further?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make my own laundry soap. It has a very light scent ( clean scent) , I made my first 5 gal bucket in the early spring and I just made a new batch last week (cost effective to the max 6.00 for 10 gallons of soap)...but one option I was considering it to buy my favorite laundry soap in concentrate and add that bottle to the 5 gal bucket so I can SMELL IT!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I make my own laundry soap. It has a very light scent ( clean scent) , I made my first 5 gal bucket in the early spring and I just made a new batch last week (cost effective to the max 6.00 for 10 gallons of soap)...but one option I was considering it to buy my favorite laundry soap in concentrate and add that bottle to the 5 gal bucket so I can SMELL IT!! LOL