Saturday, October 23, 2010

I Have No Update

Today I update to let you know that ....well, I have no update.

At least not the update I wanted to have.  You know, the one where I could say I got $185.00 worth of groceries and only spent $35.00!

Truth is, I stink at this.

I gathered my enormously embarrassing binder and all my sale papers and headed out with good intentions and visions of a success story. 

I never even got out of the car.

Laugh, evil ones.  But I'm serious!

I got so anxious about messing up and what if I used the wrong one and what if they told me no and what if I dropped my enormously embarrassing binder and all the coupons fell out and what if someone got mad because I was too slow and etc etc etc.  Yeah, I know....I need serious help.

But I've decided that I am giving myself grace, and a little more grace.

I cannot start out as Super Shopper who saves 75% on her groceries (Although I want to).

For now, I am going to start out slow and use as many coupons as I'm comfortable with.

This is hard work!  And stressful.  (Remember...recovering mental perfectionist here).

At least I'm being honest.  That should count for something, right?

Oh, this site is not just about coupons (thankfully), it's about being frugal and finding good deals universally, so let me just brag about my cute little black dress I got on clearance for $16.99!  Yep.  It's for next weekend, so I'll upload pics after the dinner cruise. :)

Wow....feels good to get all that out.

All you super shoppers who have it all together out there, don't judge me.

After all, I did get a dress for $16.99.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

juuuuudge. ha ha ha


hey, do guys do groupon there? it's pretty cool, there is a facebook app too.

:)
A.

Shelly said...

Stop it. Or I'll retaliate. ha!

Groupon....I know I've seen the ads but don't think I've ever clicked on them. I'll check out the fb app.

xx

Krista said...

Hey, Shelly. Nice to meet you!

I realized that if you google She Speaks 2011, my entry is the second one to pop up. Ah, the joys of Google. I suppose it's because P31 hasn't posted anything about it yet, and my entry was posted back in September!

Good luck getting there. I'm hoping to meet lots of blogland friends in the flesh. What an adventure!

I like your honesty with this frugal shopping thing. The best I've ever been able to save regularly is 30%. Once or twice I've saved 45%. But usually it's right around 20%. If I put any more work into it, I start to feel like I'm hitting diminishing returns.

But good luck to you, and may you find good frugal success!

Shelly said...

Thanks, Krista...it's nice to meet you, too :)